Wednesday is the day that I amto pray for you: our supporters, our team, our cheerleaders, our prayer warriors, our friends and family!
As I open my prayer notebook to today’s section it starts with these two verses:
1 Thessalonians 1:2-3 We always thank God for you and continually mention you in our prayers. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:3-5 I thank God everytime I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Today I am overwhelmed with God’s faithfulness and your partnership. Thank you!
There are so many daily movements of God that occur because of your support that you never hear about. I wanted to share just a few of them with you this morning.
– Last year one of our friends accepted Christ. Now he is discipline another young boy on Saturday mornings. Both of them come and work in the yard to earn school fees. They are learning skills, earning fees, and growing in Christ.
– Monday through Wednesday there is a two year Bible Training Class meeting at the church. We have 18 students who are committed to learning the Scriptures. Mathias, our day guard is one of these students.
– For two years we have opened our compound to the neighborhood children who are mostly Muslim. They come and ride bikes, color and play. We have bandaged many wounds, fed many hungry stomachs, shared Bible stories, and invited them to church. For the last two weeks….. they have ALL COME TO CHURCH WITH US! Now they are the ones asking if we can read the Bible before they play.
– We have 51 children at Hannah Moshi who are getting regular meals, medical care, discipleship and Christian Education because of individual sponsorship. We are about to partner with an organization that will teach the caregivers to plant trees for future income to provide for these orphans.
– Meanwhile there are 7 Biblical Training Schools happening in villages across the country taught by our Ugandan teachers.
– Personally, we are seeing our children grow in their walks with the Lord. They are challenged by the stresses of living in a place they are not used to. But I see them turning to Jesus with their needs.
– Cadance, our oldest is going to begin going to a missionary school in September. She is extremely excited. It has given her hope and something to look forward to. Her class is small and she will be able to receive some individual help from a licensed teacher. We are hoping this will help meet some of the education gaps we have been facing. We are praising God for this school and the opportunity for her to attend.
– The most recent excitement has been the construction in BidiBidi Regifee camp. The dorm, toilets, shower stall, kitchen are all complete. This week we received word that the Church building/classroom/ women’s dorm is also complete! Classes are scheduled to begin the first week of August!
Thank you for being our partner in ministry to Eadt Africa! We are humbled and blessed to be a part of all this.